Sunday 19 May 2013

Juxtaposition


As of 8:58pm this evening I'm officially single again.

I'm pretty numb about it all.  There is some serious irony to be found in that choice of wording.

In the end it was a particularly short exchange via text message (the Cherry comfort zone), and something that formed out of mutual understanding.  I need things he was unable to give and he needs to sort out his space before anyone will be able to step into that part of his life.  

If all realisations were reached this quickly... 

I shed a single tear (equally I appreciate the weirdness here),  Both eyes filled but only one trickled down my cheek, fat, hot and salty.

I know it was the right thing... I know it was better sooner than later... I know I'm meant for better things... I deserve better things...  When?

James Vincent Morrow - We Don't Eat

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Sorry to hear about you and Cherry. You holding up alright? Got any plans to jump back into the dating scene?

    Did you find the text message approach to break up made it easier or harder (if you don't mind my extreme noseyness)? As a general rule I think that nothing worth saying is worth saying with a text message, but it seems like a lot of important conversations seem to happening via texts these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rich, Thanks.

    I'm holding up absolutely fine and yes... I'm going to get back out there. Ok so things didn't go to plan but then, most things never do.

    I'm not a fan of text messages for anything other than nonsensical chat, however it was Cherry's favorite forum and so seemed appropriate in a bizzare way.

    Hope you keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Tricks and Tips