Monday 16 August 2010

Derby Days

I headed out for the first time in my derby boots last night with a girl from work who found me on the next intake list for the team.  We've been hanging out a lot of late, i'm not sure I've told you about her... I'll need to check but if not her name will be 'six' as she talks a heap just like the character from Blossom.

Anyway Six has decided that being part of the team will be too hard and take too much of a tole on her body so although she will still join at the same intake time she is going to go down the ref route rather than hitting the team.  I on the other hand have my sights firmly set on the position of jammer.

Six was really uncertain on her feet and i'm not sure what it is inside me but I can be super scared or super nervous about something but when other people show concerns I seem to step up, put any worries in a deep dark place in my head and lead the way.  I was petrified on my skates last night after falling on my ass several times just adjusting the wheels in my flat a few days before (i'm covered in bruises) but I just got on with it yesterday and well... It appears I have skills!!  I think by the end of the 3mth induction which starts at the end of this month I might be a speed demon to be recconed with.

I need to pick a name and a number as part of the roller derby way of life and while I have no Idea of the number as yet I've two names for my alter ego ready to go (providing no-one else in a league has them registered), and while I'm not going to tell you who I am... As we have been together over 6months now my lil bloggerino's I think I owe you a bone. 
---------------------
The Ettes - Crown of Age
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHbrKjK_hKY&feature=fvst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tricks and Tips