Saturday 9 March 2013

Bridesmaids & Cherrypop

Quite a lot has happened since the last blog as I have been travelling with work, for bridesmaid duties and getting my date on.

I headed to Herb & Barons last weekend for round 1 of bridesmaid duties and finally met bridesmaid number 2 (lets call her Clio - she has a rather curvaceous bum).  Potential crisis averted - we get on like a house on fire which is great.  Baron & Herb were on good form throughout and I was asked almost as soon as arriving if I would give a speech on the day which had me totally touched.  They also told me that my mum is to be invited (my folks loved Herb growing up and there was one point when it looked like she might have moved in with us for a couple of years), and that they wanted to sit me as one of the 8 on the top table for the reception.  Don't get me wrong, I have been best friends with Herb since I was 11 and have known Baron since I was 17 so over the years have partied and lived with both of them independantly so I know we are and will always be a part of each others lives, but the fact it was Baron that had suggested to Herb that they ask me to give a speech was really touching.

Clio and I took Herb wedding dress shopping and much to Herb's amusement and my shock, I actually found myself shedding a tear as she tried on a veil.  I now know I need to pack Kleenex into whatever dress I am set to wear on the day as it is sure to be an emotional roller-coaster. I honestly can't wait to see her get married and be a part of the day.  Take away bridesmaid duties have seen a list as long as my arm produced and among other things I am now set to:  Make the button holes and the 3 bouquets for the day (YouTube better not let me down), locate and hire a Celtic broad sword for Baron as he has seen something similar in wedding photos their venue has on display, organise rickshaw carriages for the big day to take both Herb and her dad and Clio and I from the rented apartment to the venue, and I also get to grips with writing the speech.  Eek.

I tried to catch up with OOJ while I was in the area,  but things didn't work out.  A few text messages later and it seems we both still have some unresolved feelings.  Not really sure where that one will go, but I will keep you in the loop.

On the boy front I had quite a few things organised this weekend, but due to my car breaking down I had to put things on hold.  The plan was to hop over to Balloo's city and catch him to hit the town Friday night, crash over and then go and watch the rugby with Clerk before and then squeezing in a cheeky first date with Accountant before the train home.  Sunday was also set aside for a date with someone 7yrs older than me (yes that's right... older!!), a 3rd date with Cherry and the potential organisation of a date with a solicitor (who we shall call Desperate Dan on account of his jaw line) next weekend.  However, a  last minute re-jig of my weekend plans has just seen me bail on one of my Sunday night dates.  That's right... Bail and questioning if I should meet Desperate Dan at all.

I text Cherry when I knew my plans for the weekend had changed to see if he wanted to meet last night rather than Sunday.  He agreed and so we met and decided to go with the flow and meander to a few new bars.  After a couple of stops however we settled into a funky place with some window high seats and seemed to lose the night.  We talked, flirted, giggled and he finally seemed to be making a move - lots of little touches, brushes and eye contact.  When the bar closed, he walked me home and when there was no one around he pulled me in for our first kiss.  Yowzer was it worth waiting for!  I think we stood there 15mins completely caught in the moment, occasionally stopping for someone to walk by.  It was -2 outside, slightly raining and I couldn't have cared less.  A bathroom request however (genuine I hasten to add), saw Cherry come inside and so we talked a little before things heated up all over again.  

For those of you who have been reading my blog a long time you will know how much importance I place on a first kiss so it was always going to be a make or break thing.  I can confirm, hand on heart that my first kiss with Cherry wasn't only a great first kiss, but that it was one of the best kisses I've ever had.  He is definitely the best kisser I've ever met.  Lush!  The whole thing was exceptionally heated; although it was really nice to see that we both similarly kept trying to cool the situation down.  It took every once of willpower I had to let him call a taxi.  Thank goodness for speedy taxi's!

We are meeting again on Sunday and I absolutely have butterflies in my tummy.  I didn't expect that Cherry and I would make it this far, or that we would have so much chemistry when we couldn't seem to even make it as far as the first kiss but wow was I wrong!  I'm definitely going to say 'watch this space'.

3OH!3 Ft Kei$ha - My First Kiss


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tricks and Tips