Wednesday 6 February 2013

30 Day Song Challenge in 30mins.

So I've decided that breaking this down into several days would be mind numbingly boring for you guys so here goes my 30 days as quick as a flash :)


Day 01 – Your favorite song
I so can't do this one as it changes from day to day so VETO

Day 02 – Your least favorite song

I will survive - Gloria Gaynor
Why on earth people opt to A) listen to this song or B) sing this song at karaoke is mind boggling to me

Day 03 – A song that makes you happy

I want you back - Jackson 5
You can't help but love this one for bopping around your living room or tearing up the dance floor.  If you can... You're a robot.

Day 04 – A song that makes you sad

Love can build a bridge - Cher
As if this song wasn't sad enough to begin with, Red Nose Day adopted it shortly after release and I've not been able to listen to it without shedding a tear since.  On a side note I shall be helping to answer calls and take donations on Red Nose Day so should you decide to grab your credit card and make a donation just remember... It might be me on the other end of the line.

Day 05 – A song that reminds you of someone

Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls 
First year University, 1999, the autumn of love and 101 weekends in bed playing at love.

Day 06 – A song that reminds of you of somewhere

Cha Cha Slide - Mr C
Helloooo to my holiday rep days.  I absolutely hate this song and always have, however shakin my ass to it on a bar resulting in free drinks when shooing my pub crawl gang round the bars was a silver lining.

Day 07 – A song that reminds you of a certain event

Everything - Lifehouse
This has Mr X written all over it.  No details needed ;P

Day 08 – A song that you know all the words to

Deadwood Stage - Calamity Jane
I have always loved will always love this movie.  There isn't a single song or line I don't know and while many would be embarrassed, I stand with my head held high.

Day 09 – A song that you can dance to

Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
This choice was very nearly Superstition by Barry White but despite criticism I absolutely loved this song.  As soon as soon as the whistle starts I know I am going to crank up the stereo and bust some shapes.

Day 10 – A song that makes you fall asleep
Never Think - Robert Pattinson
I absolutely love, love, LOVE this song so if you are reading this blog and have yet to give it a listen, don't judge until you have found YouTube.  Perfection on an acoustic guitar.

Day 11 – A song from your favorite band

Crash Land - Twin Atlantic
I love them, you know I love them and this song... Awe-Some!

Day 12 – A song from a band you hate

Love you till the end - The Pogues
Despite this song and of course Fairytale of New York, this band seriously annoy me.  The lead singer sounds permanently drunk (because he is permanently drunk I think) and everything is a mumble.  Yet despite this, I can't help but love this track.

Day 13 – A song that is a guilty pleasure

I wanna dance with somebody - Whitney Houston
Yes it is true, I am a closet Whitney fan.  I used to live beside a girl who came home every Friday and threw on a Whitney album at full blast.  Herb and I used to be in stitches but before we knew it... we were sold.  Friday nights have never been the same since.

Day 14 – A song that no one would expect you to love

Erasure - Sometimes
I grew up with this as one of my older brothers was really into them.  One birthday or Christmas, I can't remember which, I was given their album with the bird on the cover.  I think I have played that CD 1000 times.  80s electronica at its best.

Day 15 – A song that describes you

Anything but Ordinary - Avril Lavigne
Don't get me wrong, I know that Avril is teeny bopper but I can't help but like the lyrics in most of her songs so here you have it.  The perfect Ser3ndipity song.

Day 16 – A song that you used to love but now hate

I want you to want me - Cheap Trick
10 things I hate about you took this song, powered it into fame and things have never been the same since.  Damn you and your impact on the karaoke scene.

Day 17 – A song that you hear often on the radio

Beneath You're beautiful - Labrith Ft. Emeli Sandé
I have a feeling I am going to get sick of this song soon as it seems to be on every single time I get into the car.  I really like it but it may quickly be finding itself re-filed into day 16.

Day 18 – A song that you wish you heard on the radio

Fall at your feet - Busted
I absolutely loved this band.  Cheesy pop-punk-tastic.  Gutted when they split up.  Bring them back! 

Day 19 – A song from your favorite album

Basket Case - Greenday
Greenday got me through my teen years with their mix of bouncy pop-punk.  Nothing has been as epic as Dookie and things will never be the same since their awful move into the charts with 'Wake me when September ends'... What were they thinking!

Day 20 – A song that you listen to when you’re angry

This is war - 30 Seconds to Mars
I don't know why... 

Day 21 – A song that you listen to when you’re happy

Superstition - Barry White
I had to get it in somewhere :p

Day 22 – A song that you listen to when you’re sad

Wish you were here - Avril Lavigne

Day 23 – A song that you want to play at your wedding

You Are The Best Thing - Ray Lamontagne
This guy reaches into his soul and pulls out some of the most incredible music.  Simple. Soulful. Beautiful.

Day 24 – A song that you want to play at your funeral

When I look to the sky - Train
Herb introduced me to this band way back when and I have never looked back.  Having seen them in concert live twice I can safely say that they absolutely deserve a shout out on the last day of my days.

Day 25 – A song that makes you laugh

I'm Sexy and I Know it - LMFAO
As if this song and music video wasn't epic enough, I have three words for you:  Olympic diving team... Enough said.

Day 26 – A song that you can play on an instrument

Howie Day - Collide
I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this song or this artist but I sure can play this tune.

Day 27 – A song that you wish you could play

Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
I had a friend through high school who had the perfect pianists fingers, she could play this song, not to perfection but well enough to make me appreciate its beauty.  Unfortunately despite my aptitude for music my short and stubby fingers make anything other than a clunky rendition of this manuscript.

Day 28 – A song that makes you feel guilty

Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson
I think this song makes everyone feel guilty.

Day 29 – A song from your childhood

Buck Rogers - Feeder

Day 30 – Your favorite song at this time last year

Airplanes - BoB Ft Hayley Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tricks and Tips