Thursday 23 October 2014

Autumn Magic

I love autumn!  The days draw in, the night sky seems magical and anything seems possible.  Halloween, toffee apples, fireworks, streets littered with leaves, cold noses, eskimo kisses, and magic in the air.

Tomorrow is date day.  A first step in the right direction.  Facing forward and leaving heartbreaks and troubled times behind.  It's scary.

Normally at this point the night before, I've talked myself out of going: 'He isn't quite right, I'm not quite feeling it, it isn't worth the effort, I'm not ready...' This time things are different.  A different me?  A different him? Maybe just a different time in my life.   

I can't decide what to wear!?!

I had planned on going straight from work, but I'll now be leaving from home. I'm not going to tell him this as it leaves me clothing options, although maybe too many.  Flats or heels?  Skirt or dress?  Dress or Jeans?  Should I change into casual clothes?  Should I stay in work clothes with a twist?  What if I go for heels and he wants to walk a lot?  OMG what if he wants to walk a lot and my hair turns into a birds nest?!    Should I mix it up and go dress/converse?  Is that the right image?  No, I don't think it is.

It has been quite some time since I went on a date I actually wanted to rather than me placing one foot in front of the other out of a weird sense of obligation.

Deep breaths and time to focus on the bigger picture.  I want happiness and love.  I deserve happiness and love and now is the time.  It might not be this guy, but it is someone, and he is out there the same as me, waiting for chance and fate to strike.

Gavin DeGraw - Where You Are (Sweeter)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tricks and Tips