Tuesday 25 June 2013

Drama's & Spiders Webs

I met with my solicitor this morning, signed my compromise agreement and have had her post it to my company.  No turning back now.

It all feels a little bit like a whirlwind at the moment.  I've three cases on the go which I would ideally like to clear off rather than hand over.  I've handovers to complete preparation on for my entire team (none of which were accepted for DVR due to being highly skilled), and I've a solid few days of meetings booked next week to sign off everything else.  

Mum arrives tomorrow afternoon as she is going to be staying at my apartment and looking after my kitty cats while I head out of town for bridesmaid duties.  Then, as sad as it is, I shall be packing off the furry critters to go and live with her for a while as I've decided to let my apartment go, put some things into storage and free myself up for interview/job related travel while keeping any outgoings to a minimum for a while.

Bridesmaid wise this weekend will see us film our video with Baron for the hen weekend, have Herb finally pick our bridesmaid dresses, see Clio and I tie up a few loose ends in terms of the hen weekend away and will also see me tick a box on the Sunday as I have plans to meet OOJ for lunch before my flight home.  I've opened the invite to include his gf however I suspect he will fail to pass that piece of info on.

A few drama's have been on the table also.  Balloo is going through a period of depression and so I'm hoping to help pull him out of it along with a few of our other friends.  I've suggested we hit his dads on the coast sometime soon for sunshine and a BBQ so imagine that might help.  I've also this last two days failed a credit check for a new contract with the company I work for.  Don't get me wrong bloggers I'm not bathing in cash as you all know, however I struggle to see how/why I would be declined for anything. Needless to say having started to chase up the rationale I am now absolutely convinced that I need to keep remembering in life it isn't WHAT you know but WHO you know.  A couple of phone calls, a bit of schmoozing and it now all seems sorted (in under an hour I hasten to add), but COME ON!  Surely a girl shouldn't have to pull strings for something so simple.  Incidentally the time scale without these contacts in order for resolution (from experience) approximately 90 days.  Outrageous!  Good job this little chick knows a few people on the board ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tricks and Tips