Tuesday 23 August 2011

Operation Dostoyevsky

This coming weekend bloggers due to an idea thrown out by one of you is 'Operation Dostoevsky' where I shall take to a local funky cafe, book in hand and give anyone gorgeous that catches my eye a 'geek chic, come and get me' smile.

I'm not entirely sure this is an instant win plan, and feel I may have to become somewhat of a regular before there is any real chance of a bite, but on the flip side, I love coffee shops, I enjoy people watching and as for the reading part, I used to get through a book a week and have let things slide of late so it would definitely be a good excuse.  I do however have a tendency to get engrossed in the world of the book I am reading which is why I used to feed my habit last thing at night or while chilling out in the bathtub, but surely that will just add to the persona of 'foxy well read, daydreaming girl' I have in my mind.

Other news on the dating front...

OOJ has come back into play.  Due to the upcoming reunion our communication spiked in the last few weeks and I have to say, something inside me is saying 'why not give it a go' if he is this determined to take me out on a date.  I guess it might be a case of watch this space for an update.


El Dempasso (for those of you who don't know this name from my last blog:  guy I went on a few dates with before Mr X, liked him quite a bit but he went weird and I couldn't work out why, turned out he was a virgin and thought I may have been too much to handle and before we really had time to talk it out I met Mr X.  Since then he popped his cherry, became a lil bit of a player and has always stayed in touch upping the flirty antics whenever i'm single').  Anyway El Dempasso got in touch a few weeks ago, there was a time (as you know) that I had wondered if we should give another date a go after Mr X and I split up but it was short lived as we both wanted different things.  

Anyway, times have changed and El D has recently found himself in a relationship.  He has been really open about this and I have absolutely no doubt that he is a good boy and would never cheat on a gf, however he has most definitely opened the flood gates of flirt the last week or so. 


Don't worry bloggers, as I'm sure those of you who have been reading since my last blog (a year in the life of a 20-something year old) will know:  I would never entertain anything to do with a guy who has a gf.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the whole thing was a tad curious though.

Now back on to the important stuff, what is a sexy geek chic chick supposed to wear to entice gorgeous men at the coffee shop that does the whole 'wow she looks amazing but you can tell she made no effort' thing?

------------------------------------
Straylight Run - Mistakes we knew we were making

5 comments:

  1. Atleast he was open about the g/f.

    big regret not being open

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I think you will be great at this. Gav

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think you could work that look x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should take a small pile of books, something like "How to find a guy" "1001 sex positions" and "Unusual uses for common household items", put them in a pile on the table. You are sure to get guys looking at the pile and then when you see them looking you smile and wink. lol

    You know this will end badly dont you! :)

    As for dressing up, sexy librarian is soo the look to aim for! hehe
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha I am loving the choice of books there :P

    ReplyDelete

Tricks and Tips